Arts Innovation Grants
Collaborations – January 2022
The Giving Circle is opening a new cycle of micro-grants to support artists and cultural organizations in Jerusalem! This cycle will distribute two (2) micro-grants to Collaborations between two (2) or more initiatives. Grants will range between NIS 5,000-15,000, based on demonstrated need.
We believe that collaborations are key to a healthy and vibrant arts ecosystem. In addition to pooling resources, collaborations build relationships and artistic networks, and introduce audiences to new cultural
production. They generate new ideas and new cultural growth in Jerusalem, benefiting artists, cultural producers, residents, and visitors alike.
This round will distribute grants in two categories:
“Start-up” Grant (NIS 5,000-10,000)
Support for a new collaborative project between 2 or more young organizations or initiatives. This grant supports “Jerusalem’s Talent Pipeline” by identifying new projects that are just getting started. This grant serves as “seed funding” for organizations that may not yet have access to more established sources of funding (from the Jerusalem municipality, private philanthropy, established audiences, etc.).
“Scale-up” Grant (NIS 10,000-15,00)
Support for existing collaborations between 2 or more organizations. Organizations must have a demonstrated track record and at least 2 years of activity. This grant supports existing collaborations in expanding their activity, recruiting new audiences, and developing strategies to reach the next level.
● An active partnership or collaboration between 2 or more arts and culture initiatives/organizations (i.e. cross-genre performances, shared activity, joint programming. An organization simply hosting a performance or project does not qualify)
● Collaboration will take place by September 2022
● Artistic or cultural organization or initiative, based in Jerusalem
● Have not previously received a microgrant from the Jerusalem Giving Circle for the Arts
● Ability to produce the necessary tax documents (osek patur/osek murshe)
● We encourage initiatives from all backgrounds, identities, and parts of Jerusalem to apply
● To apply, please complete this form by January 30
○ Please provide a short description of your organization/initiative.
We encourage you to apply and to distribute this information widely.
Please contact Yaakov firstname.lastname@example.org 0585055124 with any questions.
○ Tell us (in under 100 words) about how you would use this micro-grant: Who are your partners? What
would this funding support? What are your steps and timeline or implementation?
○ Specify the amount you are applying for, your proposed budget, and other funding sources
● The Giving Circle will choose semi-finalists to briefly present their work in a meeting with the Giving Circle on Sunday, February 20th at 6pm
● The Giving Circle will select 2 finalists to receive micro-grants by February 27th
● The micro-grants will be distributed in early March 2022
● The Giving Circle will continue to operate on a rolling basis, and will continue to distribute micro-grants as funds are available
Download PDF here.