August 30, 2022
We are excited to announce the relaunch of our East Jerusalem Giving Circle for the Arts: a series of micro-grants to support artists and cultural organizations in East Jerusalem. This round will distribute 2 micro-grants of NIS 7,000 each, based on demonstrated need.
These microgrants are intended to support innovative arts and culture projects in East Jerusalem. This grant can be used to support adaptation or production of new content, performances, or exhibitions.
What kinds of things are we looking for?
● Innovation: a new project, that is expressing new ideas, voices, or stories. A project that is experimental, using multiple forms of art, new forms of media, or classic forms in new ways
● Community: a project that involves and/or reaches many people, and seeks to build community
● Impact: a project that has medium or long-term impact, not a one-off event
● Artists working across all mediums and sectors are eligible (visual arts, dance, music, sound, theater,
film, photography, performance, etc.)
● A cultural initiative or organization in East Jerusalem or with activity in East Jerusalem
● Demonstrated experience or proficiency in the field
● Have not previously received a microgrant from the Jerusalem Giving Circle for the Arts
● We encourage initiatives from all backgrounds, identities, and parts of Jerusalem to apply
● To apply, please complete the above form by August 30.
● Applications may be submitted in English or Arabic.
The application will ask you to provide the following items:
○ A short description of your organization/initiative
○ A short individual bio
○ A brief description of your proposed project
○ A brief description of how you plan to implement this project
○ A detailed budget, including projected expenses, and other sources of income
○ Examples that demonstrate your experience or proficiency in the field (a portfolio, video, CV, etc.)
● For those interested, there will be a consultation meeting to discuss the application and answer any questions. If you’d like to attend, please RSVP to Rivka, firstname.lastname@example.org. Date, Time, and Location TBD. We’d be happy to help you fill out the application!
● The Giving Circle will choose semi-finalists by September 14, to briefly present their work on September 21.
● The Giving Circle will select 2 finalists to receive micro-grants by September 29.
The micro-grant will be distributed in early October 2022.
We encourage you to apply and to distribute this information widely. Please contact Rivka, email@example.com, with any questions.